APSAC is your source for networking, education, publications and resources in the discipline of child maltreatment and related fields. Thousands of professionals from all over the world - attorneys, child protective services workers, law enforcement officers, nurses, physicians, researchers, teachers, psychologists, clergy, administrators, and allies - have joined APSAC's effort to ensure that everyone affected by child maltreatment receives the best possible professional response.
Please review this page for information on becoming a member, pricing options, APSAC benefits. It's easy to apply. Just fill out/submit our online membership application or print/fax your application! Become a member today!
Please note: Membership renewal information is available when members login and visit the Members Only area.
APSAC accepts new memberships year round. Individuals applying for membership must be a professional working in the field of child maltreatment or a related field. In applying for membership, professionals certify compliance with the APSAC code of ethics as well as the professional and ethical standards of and all laws and regulations relating to their respective profession or field. Membership in APSAC does not certify professional competence.
APSAC's membership runs from January 1 through December 31st, any members joining from Oct 1st through December 31st will become active members January 1st of the following year. Members who join prior to October will receive current copies of APSAC publications that are included in membership benefits.
Pricing Options include:
Membership dues are determined by annual salary:
Annual Income Above $50,000 $135.00
Annual Income Between $30,000 - $50,000 $110.00
Annual Income Under $30,000 $85.00
Student Membership $65.00 (Verification of full-time student status required)
A 10% discount is offered for each NEW membership fee when 5-9 individuals from one agency join at the same time. A 20% discount is offered for each NEW membership fee when 10 or more individuals from one agency join at the same time. Online Group registration is not available. To register at the Group discount, please download the printable version of our application below and follow the instructions for joining as a group.
If joining as an individual, complete APSAC Individual Membership Application. For group discounts, please contact APSAC.
Join by Mail
Print and send New Member Application with payment to:
1706 E. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43203 OR Fax application to: 614-251-6005
If you are already a member and would like to renew, please login with your username and password and visit the "Members Only" area. You can renew by clicking the appropriate link under "My Profile" or by downloading a printable renewal form.
- The APSAC Advisor, a hands-on style, electronic (PDF format) quarterly publication that brings you the latest news in practice, research, legislation, publication and events in the field of child maltreatment. APSAC's Online Library features content from the APSAC Advisor.
- Child Maltreatment, the distinguished quarterly peer-reviewed journal designed expressly to bring APSAC's members the latest research, policy, and practice information in clear language and immediately usable form. Provided electronically with membership; additional fee to receive printed copy. See membership application for details..
- Discounts on APSAC's National Colloquium, Forensic Interview Clinics and Institutes.
- A thriving State Chapter network through which members can form vital partnerships with other professionals in their states.
- The opportunity to participate in national task forces, establishing best practice guidelines in many crtical areas.
- Access to all APSAC Practice Guidelines (online, PDF format), including Forensic Interviewing in Cases of Suspected Child Abuse, Integrating Prevention Into the Work of Child Maltreatment Professionals, Challenges in the Evaluation of Child Neglect, and more. New Guidelines become available as they are published.
- An interdisciplinary professional network of thousands of colleagues.
- Online web tools, including a Membership Directory, Career Center, and Library.