APSAC is your source for networking, education, publications and resources in the discipline of child maltreatment and related fields. Thousands of professionals from all over the world - attorneys, child protective services workers, law enforcement officers, nurses, physicians, researchers, teachers, psychologists, clergy, administrators, and allies - have joined APSAC's effort to ensure that everyone affected by child maltreatment receives the best possible professional response.
Please review this page for information on becoming a member, APSAC benefits, and to access online and print/fax (Adobe PDF) versions of our Membership Application.
Join APSAC today!
Please note: Membership renewal information is available when members login and visit the Members Only area.
APSAC accepts new memberships year round. Individuals applying for membership must be a professional working in the field of child maltreatment or a related field. In applying for membership, professionals certify compliance with the APSAC code of ethics as well as the professional and ethical standards of and all laws and regulations relating to their respective profession or field. Membership in APSAC does not certify professional competence.
APSAC's membership runs from January 1 through December 31st, any members joining from Oct 1st through December 31st will become active members January 1st of the following year. Members who join prior to October will receive current copies of APSAC publications that are included in membership benefits.
A 10% discount is offered for each NEW membership fee when 5-9 individuals from one agency join at the same time. A 20% discount is offered for each NEW membership fee when 10 or more individuals from one agency join at the same time. Online Group registration is not available. To register at the Group discount, please download the printable version of our application below and follow the instructions for joining as a group.
If joining as an individual, complete the online membership application.For group discounts, please contact APSAC.
Join by Mail
Print and send New Member Application with payment to:
350 Poplar Avenue
Elmhurst, IL 60126 OR Fax application to: 630.359.4274
If you are already a member and would like to renew, please login with your username and password and visit the "Members Only" area. You can renew by clicking the appropriate link under "My Profile" or by downloading a printable renewal form.
Download our membership benefits brochure in Adobe PDF format.
- Affiliation with a national association that strives to improve techniques for assessment, investigation, and treatment of maltreated children and their families
- Opportunity to receive the APSAC Advisor, a membership newsletter. The APSAC Advisor is also available electronically
- Opportunity to participate in the APSAC state chapter in your state or territory
- Opportunity to participate in national task forces establishing best practice guidelines in many critical areas
- Online access to the Child Maltreatment Journal through Sage Publications, hard copies are available for an additional $20 fee. http://cmx.sagepub.com
- Registration discounts for APSAC's annual Colloquium and APSAC Institutes affiliated with conferences in many states
- Discounts on publications